April!

Friday, October 14, 2011

What Shall Be Done About Books?

I love books.  I have 13 bookcases in my small apartment, crammed full.  More books piled on the floor, here and there.  I love books. Can't bear to part from those I especially love.  I also have books on my iPad, in iBooks and Kindle. Point is - more of us who love to read are going toward ebooks.  We lack storage space to shelve the books we love, the new ones we discover. Instead, we download them all, title by title, into our mobile devices.  


What is the future, then, of books?  Will they become museum relics?  Will  libraries become museums; will print publishers of books go bankrupt?  Does this matter to us?  If books are important to us, we need to do what we can, now, to preserve their significance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment